Visit my new website

Please check out my new website at Mended-Vessels.com, where you'll also find my blog now.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Missing in Action

I can't believe it's been exactly one month since my last post. I've missed writing my blog, but life got in the way, as it often does.

The past month included a wonderful visit with some of our family, attending an outstanding writers' conference, and a new twist on the work situation, as well as challenges for my husband as he headed to the Gulf Coast to do disaster inspections for FEMA. He's still there; you'd think that would give me more time to write, but you'd be wrong.

This is just a quick post to say I'm back, and I'll try to be more faithful about posting at least a couple of times a week.

When I think about it, that's the story of my life: eating healthy for awhile, then falling back into the unhealthy eating; exercising regularly for a few weeks, then missing a little, then quitting, all the while telling myself I will do it tomorrow; faithfully having my daily devotions for long periods of time, then skipping a day or two, then more, and before I know it, I've formed a "new" habit of missing my personal quiet time.

Fortunately for me, God is always faithful, and He's there waiting when I come back. Maybe someday I'll be able--with His help--to stay faithful day after day, week after week, year after year.

Right now, excuse me while I go have some ice cream.

No comments: